Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stepping stones to Success

So what was that 'thing' which served as a steeping stone to success? .. Failure .. Failure? .. Hmm. Yesterday was a successful day.

Two is company, three is a crowd they used to say .. So the first 'thing' to give me company last evening was the RBI. They probably realised after my interview that I might start a sting operation and embezzle all their money out! .. Fair enough. I'd asked them for a project to correlate RBI's policies with the immediate and prolonged repurcussions it had on the stock market. Guess I asked for a pie-in-the-sky! .. and I also asked the interviewers exactly what all they'd do with the Forex reserves to mark-up or mark-down the value of the Indian rupee - which technically isnt a right question to ask or answer. Well, I probably asked for more than I should chew and promptly paid the price for it. Whateva!

The second one to give me company was goody goody google. How? .. by duly rejecting my ad-sense account application. After 6 hopeful days of nurturing dreams of becoming an instant karode-pathi (crorepati) -- a young 'n' successful "daat caam" millionaire entrepreurner ;), here is what I was informed:

"We're unable to approve your AdSense application at this timebecause we feel that your site does not comply with the Google webmasterquality guidelines. More specifically, we believe that your site does not add value or provide unique content. For a complete list of the webmaster guidelines, please visit http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769"

Ah well .. "Don't be evil" they say, eh?

And there was one more .. but I'd rather not mention that one here!

Alrite, I'm not in my modest best. I'm in a bad mood .. so what?

--
Update at 6:35 am. Back in action. Sure all these would help. forgot the silver lining. The COMA test went really well. See I forgot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment